Canyonlands NP
Much if it is like the Grand Canyon, but wider...stretched out, and not as colorful. It's a sight to see, but it was also just a morning worth of drive, park, look, repeat.
We did do a short (0.5 mi. roud trip) hike to Mesa Arch....
And ate a picnic lunch in the park.
Oh, for somebody that hates heights and ledges, today was a doozy also...
Lots of this stuff...no, Canyonlands, we don't need railings. That's fine.
Nope.
But the kids survived and got their 4th junior ranger badge....so all worth it, I suppose.
Tomorrow is family river rafting on the colorado. Small rapids, swimming, easy morning excursion. But we check in at 8am, so it's an early rise day.
Oh, and we saw Connecticut and Nebraska license plates today. 7 to go! 👍
You’re doing better than I would with the precipices, a phobia we apparently share. Do you remember when we went to the Grand Canton one of the times, and after we got off the bus there were no railings and everyone was posing for pictures, and I sat down and wrapped my arms and legs around a tree? I just can’t understand why I’m not already falling.
ReplyDeleteDidn't realize you both shared that particular fear. Sorry:(
ReplyDeleteWe never got to Canyonlands. Oh, Utah, so many parks, so little time...
Also very cool that Jenny and Geo could join you!