Escalante and Capitol Reef...to Moab!
The scenery in southern Utah continues to amaze. Today was a travel day, we left Bryce and traveled east, stopping at Grand Staircase Eacalante NM visitor center to learn about the geology of the grand Staircase (the successive plateuas from Bryce to the Grand canyon)....and for a passport stamp of course.
Then the drive east from there took us through stretches of amazing cliffs.
Before we stopped in Capitol Reef NP. This was like some of the mountains of Zion, but right up next to you.
We strolled to see some petroglyphs left by the native Americans...
And continued east through expanses of barrenness as far as you could see....
Before arriving in Moab, where we had dinner with Jenny and Geo!
Now it's 4 nights here in a fantastic RV park (with lots if shade!). Tomorrow is Canyonlands NP.
P.S....we're doing well on license plates...41 down, 9 to go. You're out there, Rhode Island! Show yourself!
P.P.S. - the tooth fairy finds you...even in a trailer.
Looks like you picked up a hitchhiker. If you are anywhere new Phoenix let me know. I'd love to see you. Caroline
ReplyDeleteYour license plate map is funny to me. I see most of the ones you’re missing before I hit the interstate even. I bet you don’t see many diplomatic plates out there either!
ReplyDeleteLook at tractor trailers for Nebraska.
Yeah I bet you see a lot more DC ones. 😀
DeleteQuite sure we'll find nebraska. Lisa and I think we already saw one, but the girls missed it so we didn't count it.